If I didn't think Flourless Almond-Butter and Chocolate Chunk Cookies sounded just as enticing, I'd have named these Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies, because really, that's what they are. Their crunchy exterior and chewy insides make a light and filling snack or guilt-free dessert. The star ingredient, almond-butter, gives a healthy dose of protein so you could even eat them for breakfast!
They're best served the day of, hot and fresh out of the oven, but will last up to 2 days afterward. The best part? They're simple to make but complex in flavour. Here's how to bake 'em:
1 cup almond butter (crunchy or smooth - I used crunchy)
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
parchment paper (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper or non-stick cooking spray. They cook quickly so parchment paper will slow down the cooking time leaving less chance of burning.
2. Mix almond butter and sugars until combined.
3. Add egg, honey, and vanilla and mix until combined.
4. Add baking soda and salt to mixture and combine.
5. Divide into 1 inch balls and bake 9-11 minutes.